Enamelled slate sign - M Thomas; 10

From

Corris Railway Museum

Name/Title

Enamelled slate sign - M Thomas

About this object

Reddish brown enamelled slate sign, no fixings.
This plaque was fixed to the front of Maelor Stores, built for Mr Morris Thomas in 1870.
The drawers behind the counter were hand built at the time of construction of the shop and the original 'Licensed to sell British and Foreign wines' can still be seen over the door toplight.
Mr Thomas also ran a printing works, on the site of the present property known as Glandwr, which published a weekly Corris newspaper. The seat opposite the new Rehoboth Chapel was also donated by him and he also founded a scholarship at Towyn School to assist pupils in further education, which still operates to the present day.

Measurements

35.5 64 0

Object Type

Village items of interest Advertising signs

Object number

10

Copyright Licence  

All rights reserved

This object is from

Tags

Include tags such as place names, people, dates, events and colours. Use commas to separate multiple tags. e.g. Pablo Picasso, Madrid, red, 1930s.

Share

eHive copyright disclaimer

It is the responsibility of the eHive Account Holder to gain copyright clearance for any images or content published on eHive. If you are concerned about the copyright status for any content in eHive or would like more information on using or ordering copies of content, please contact the Account Holder of that content. For further information see our Copyright Claims page.