1952 Moto Guzzi Falcone Sport & Sidecar; Moto Guzzi; 1952; CMM189
1952 Moto Guzzi Falcone Sport & SidecarAbout this object
The 499cc Falcone was introduced by Moto Guzzi in 1950 to replace the GTV500 as the company’s premier road sports bike although the GTV500 remained in production as the Astore until 1953. The Falcone was produced until 1963. Its single-cylinder, overhead-valve, horizontal engine developed 23hp at 4,500rpm and had its flywheel, oil pump, clutch actuator and gearshift mechanism all mounted externally. It was connected via primary gears to a constant-mesh gearbox derived from the Dondolino road racer and was capable of 137kph (85mph). It had telescopic front forks and the swinging arm rear suspension featured two springs located in a box beneath the engine and externally-mounted, chrome-plated, scissor-type friction dampers. The Sport model had alloy wheel rims whereas the Tourismo had steel.
This 1952 example fitted with a DeLonghi sidecar was imported into the US around 1980 and fully restored to Concourse standard. In 2003, it won the Concours Italiano and the Del Mar Concourse, both in California. It has had very little use since its restoration and had recorded only 201 miles since then when purchased for the Nelson NZ Classic Motorcycles collection from a private vendor in California via a US Auction house in January, 2009. It was acquired by Transport World for the Classic Motorcycle Mecca collection in May 2016.
eHive copyright disclaimer
It is the responsibility of the eHive Account Holder to gain copyright clearance for any images or content published on eHive. If you are concerned about the copyright status for any content in eHive or would like more information on using or ordering copies of content, please contact the Account Holder of that content. For further information see our Copyright Claims page.