Merlyn

From

Moruya and District Historical Society Museum

Name/Title

Merlyn

About this object

The painting is of "Merlyn' - a historically significant house formerly at 83 Campbell Street, Moruya.
The building was originally a hotel called 'Erin-Go-Bragh' and was built on Broulee Island in 1842 of American redwood. The first licensee of the hotel was Bernard McCauley.
The building was moved to Campbell St, Moruya in 1854 to be used by storekeeper Abraham Emmott as residence and shop called "The Bee Hive Store".
"Merlyn" was demolished by the ESC in 1978 to make way for parkland.

Object Type

painting

Copyright Licence  

Attribution - No Derivatives (cc) Attribution - No Derivatives (cc)

Tags

Include tags such as place names, people, dates, events and colours. Use commas to separate multiple tags. e.g. Pablo Picasso, Madrid, red, 1930s.

This object is in 1 community

Share

eHive copyright disclaimer

It is the responsibility of the eHive Account Holder to gain copyright clearance for any images or content published on eHive. If you are concerned about the copyright status for any content in eHive or would like more information on using or ordering copies of content, please contact the Account Holder of that content. For further information see our Copyright Claims page.