Font; c.1886; 000/257
FontAbout this object
The baptismal font from the Sacred Heart Catholic Church in Moruya was placed in the church in late May 1889 – the same year that the church was completed.
The Moruya Examiner of 24 May, 1889 reported:
‘ the font is octagonal in form, supported on an octagonal column very richly nitched (sic) and buttressed. The style is that known in France as Flamboyant, and the material is terracotta. The lid is oak, rising slightly in the centre to form a base for statues of Our Lord and the Baptist.'
terracotta, oakSubject and Association Keywords
Catholic Church collectionCredit Line
Donated by Father KeatingObject Type
This object is from
Include tags such as place names, people, dates, events and colours. Use commas to separate multiple tags. e.g. Pablo Picasso, Madrid, red, 1930s.
eHive copyright disclaimer
It is the responsibility of the eHive Account Holder to gain copyright clearance for any images or content published on eHive. If you are concerned about the copyright status for any content in eHive or would like more information on using or ordering copies of content, please contact the Account Holder of that content. For further information see our Copyright Claims page.