Unknown; 1963; TSO00018055
Photograph of a single story sandtone built house, location unknown.
This image is part of a large collection of photographs which were entered in The Mercury Historic Homes Photographic Competition, 1963.
Photograph, black and whiteDate Made
1963Medium and Materials
PaperInscription and Marks
Handwritten on back: 81a underlinedMeasurements
195 (h) x 244 (w) mmSubject and Association Description
The Mercury Historic Homes Competition
This photographic competition was held in 1963 to mark the 109th anniversary of the founding of the Mercury newspaper. The competition was sponsored by The Mercury and organised by the National Trust of Australia (Tasmania) southern region.
The competition had 6 class:
1. best preserved town or country house in Tasmania
2. best preserved place of worship
3. best maintained privately owned but open to the public property (eg hotel, school, shop)
4. best maintained commercial or rural building (eg factory, warehouse, barn)
5. best preserved country house for each House of Assembly electorate
6. best maintained public building
Tasmanian State Office CollectionObject Type
This object is from
eHive copyright disclaimer
It is the responsibility of the eHive Account Holder to gain copyright clearance for any images or content published on eHive. If you are concerned about the copyright status for any content in eHive or would like more information on using or ordering copies of content, please contact the Account Holder of that content. For further information see our Copyright Claims page.