The Old Boot, inn sign; 1875; 1924.2763
The Old Boot, inn signAbout this object
Sign from The Old Boot Inn: a large boot painted on two pieces of wood pinned together. It was originally hung from the west side of the gable end of the inn.
It is rumoured that soldiers were billeted at the inn during the Napoleonic Wars when there were fears of a French invasion.
19th Century (1801-1900)Medium and Materials
whole height 610mm whole width 432mmCollection
Letchworth MuseumCredit Line
Loaned by George F Newton, transferred to Hitchin Museum in 1951Object Type
This object is from
Include tags such as place names, people, dates, events and colours. Use commas to separate multiple tags. e.g. Pablo Picasso, Madrid, red, 1930s.
eHive copyright disclaimer
It is the responsibility of the eHive Account Holder to gain copyright clearance for any images or content published on eHive. If you are concerned about the copyright status for any content in eHive or would like more information on using or ordering copies of content, please contact the Account Holder of that content. For further information see our Copyright Claims page.