Album, photographs [Mataura Freezing Works]; unknown photographer; 1920-1981; MT...
Album, photographs [Mataura Freezing Works]About this object
Photograph album; recording events and building work at the Mataura Freezing Works from the 1920s to 1981.The topics depicted include:
* Engine Room mid 1920s, which include a missing image from the Gore Historical Society's McConnell Album (refer MT2012.72.1).
* Bridge Hotel, A.J Cruickshank, 1930s.
* Aerial Photographs
* Opening Freezing Work's Hostel 1955
* Demolition of Old Office, 1959.
* New Pelt Department, 1960.
* Mataura Freezing Work's Rescue Squad, 1960.
* Work's Exterior, 1964.
* Water Treatment, 1966.
* Mutton Board extensions, 1966.
* First Pelt Pallets, 1968.
* Southland Lamb Competition, 1971.
* Mataura River in flood, September 1972
* Mataura River at low level, late summer 1973.
* Beef boning room 1973 (achieving maximum daily output of 400 carcasses for the first time).
* Mutton slaughter board extensions, 1973.
* Beef grading, 1973.
* Rendering Department, 1974.
* Bill Stewart (Junior's) retirement function, 13 June 1975.
* Opening of the Work's Effluent Plant, 1978.
* Pelting late 1970s.
* New pallet store, 1979.
* Renovations to the Work's exterior, 1979.
* Foot and mouth scare, 1981.
* Lamb drafting seminar, 1981.
* Sheep yard extension, 1981.
* the demolition of the old Work's Office building in 1981.
* Building of the new Work's Office in 1981.
1920-1981Medium and Materials
processed material, cardboard
processed material, paper
h 350 mm x w 235 mm x d 85 mm
From the collection of the Mataura and Districts Historical Society IncorporatedObject Type
eHive copyright disclaimer
It is the responsibility of the eHive Account Holder to gain copyright clearance for any images or content published on eHive. If you are concerned about the copyright status for any content in eHive or would like more information on using or ordering copies of content, please contact the Account Holder of that content. If you would like more information on our copyright policy, click here.