Advertising card, Mataura Collieries; Mataura Collieries; 1907-1923; MT2012.4.5
Advertising card, Mataura CollieriesAbout this object
Advertising card; Card for Mataura Collieries with rail cartage rates to the stations on the Southland and West Otago railway lines. Some background can be found in our Society's book "Mataura City of the Falls" at page 153.
'C.P Sleeman operated several coal mines at the south end of Mataura from 1886. In 1904 he included members of his family in the business, formed a company and traded until 1907 as Mataura Coalmines. The business was sold to Bowler and Bannermans, solicitors of Gore and traded thereafter as Mataura Collieries until it ceased operations in 1923.'
processed material, paperMeasurements
h 157mm x w 83mm (folded)
From the collection of the Mataura and Districts Historical Society Incorporated.Object Type
eHive copyright disclaimer
It is the responsibility of the eHive Account Holder to gain copyright clearance for any images or content published on eHive. If you are concerned about the copyright status for any content in eHive or would like more information on using or ordering copies of content, please contact the Account Holder of that content. For further information see our Copyright Claims page.