Staff of Wilks & Harrop, Hughenden, Queensland, 1940; Unidentified; 1940; 2011-3...

From

Flinders Shire Historical Collection

Name/Title

Staff of Wilks & Harrop, Hughenden, Queensland, 1940

About this object

The staff of Wilks & Harrop inside the shop on Brodie Street, Hughenden in 1940.

From left to right: Eileen Frazer, Mary Elizabeth Lilwell, Bob Conn, June Petrie, Neilson.

Bob Conn went on to become the owner of the shop, though it burnt down in 1952.

Maker

Unidentified

Maker Role

Photographer

Format

black & white print

Date Made

1940

Inscription and Marks

Handwritten on reverse side: "This was Wilks & Harrop 1940 / Brodie St. / H'den. / a branch of Samuel Allens T'ville / Next to Newsagency - burnt down 1952 / Col / Mary Sladden's. / (66) / Eileen Frazer / Mary Elizabeth LILWELL / Bob Conn Owner later on / June Petrie / Neilson / (1 copy done) / No ^P 98"

Measurements

151 x 109mm

Subject and Association Keywords

Hughenden (Queensland)

Subject and Association Keywords

groups (people)

Subject and Association Keywords

general stores

Subject and Association Keywords

shop assistants

Collection

Flinders Shire Historical Photograph Project

Credit Line

Gift of Hughenden & District Historical Society, care of Mrs Colleen Murdoch.

Object Type

Photograph

Object number

2011-386

Copyright Licence  

Public Domain - No rights reserved - no known copyright restrictions No rights reserved - no known copyright restrictions

eHive copyright disclaimer

It is the responsibility of the eHive Account Holder to gain copyright clearance for any images or content published on eHive. If you are concerned about the copyright status for any content in eHive or would like more information on using or ordering copies of content, please contact the Account Holder of that content. For further information see our Copyright Claims page.