North Western Motors, Hughenden, 1940 ; Unidentified; 2011-130
North Western Motors, Hughenden, 1940About this object
This image is of North Western Motors Pty Ltd on 23 Stansfield Street, Hughenden (opposite the bakery) in the 1940s when Frank Hanran was the proprietor. Out the front of the garage are two cars and petrol pumps of the time.
Also of interest in this image are the advertising signs for Cehvrolet, Buick, Pontiac, Oldsmobile, Vauxhall and Bedford; and the phone number advertised on top of the building of "172".
reproductionInscription and Marks
Handwritten on reverse side: "North Western Motors Garage / Stansfield Street 1940 / Frank Hanran proprietor / No.  B57 / Hughenden Historical Society" (Text in square brackets crossed out)Measurements
165 x 126mmSubject and Association Keywords
Hughenden (Queensland)Subject and Association Keywords
carsSubject and Association Keywords
petrol pumpsSubject and Association Keywords
Flinders Shire Historical Photograph ProjectCredit Line
Gift of Hughenden District Historical Society, care of Mrs Colleen Murdoch.Object Type