Brodie Street, Hughenden, ca. 1915-1924; Unidentified; ca. 1915 - 1924; 2011-123
Brodie Street, Hughenden, ca. 1915-1924About this object
This is a real photo postcard of Brodie Street, Hughenden, ca. 1915-1924. On the far right of the image is visible the Hughenden Hotel (proprietor R.M. Harris) which was destroyed by fire in 1924. Today (August 2011) Diggers Entertainment Centre is located on the old Hughenden Hotel site.
Other businesses visible in this image include Arida's, Avery & Finlay, C.M. Nolan & Co (drapers & outfitters), V.H. Green Ltd, W. Heron & Co (tailors) and the Central Hotel.
real photo postcardDate Made
ca. 1915 - 1924Inscription and Marks
Handwritten on reverse side: "No. [49A][50A] B51 / CR Heard / Hughenden / Historical Society / A5 31/7 / (1 copy made) / Hughenden Hotel / destroyed by fire / 1924 / Brodie Street / where new Hall is / now / Col" (Text in square brackets crossed out) Printed on reverse side: "POST CARD / CORRESPONDENCE ADDRESS ONLY / KODAK / AUSTRAL"Measurements
136 x 85mmSubject and Association Keywords
Flinders Shire Historical Photograph ProjectCredit Line
Gift of Hughenden District Historical Society, care of Mrs Colleen Murdoch.Object Type
eHive copyright disclaimer
It is the responsibility of the eHive Account Holder to gain copyright clearance for any images or content published on eHive. If you are concerned about the copyright status for any content in eHive or would like more information on using or ordering copies of content, please contact the Account Holder of that content. For further information see our Copyright Claims page.