Group of unidentified men, women and children outside Sacred Heart Catholic Chur...
Group of unidentified men, women and children outside Sacred Heart Catholic Church, Hughenden, 1925About this object
Front view of the Sacred Heart Catholic Church, Hughenden in 1925. The image depicts a group of men, women and children milling around outside the church, possibly after mass or at a wedding, as they are dressed in good clothing of the period. Also depicted are several vintage cars.
Sacred Heart Church on the corner of Flinders and Moran Streets was officially opened by Bishop Shiel on 10 August 1919. The Church building was later demolished in 1964 and Sacred Heart War Memorial Church was built around the corner on Mowbray Street.
black & white printDate Made
1925Medium and Materials
photographic paperInscription and Marks
Handwritten on reverse side: "Early photo of [St. Mary's Mary's] Sacred Heart Church, H'den / Donated by Connie Madigan (PIANTA) / pupil St. Francis School / approx. [1935/45] (1925) / 1937/44 / Pulled down 1964 / No  B9" [text crossed out] Stamped on reverse side: "HUGHENDEN DISTRICT HISTORICAL SOCIETY"Measurements
142 x 85mmSubject and Association Keywords
Flinders Shire Historical Photograph ProjectCredit Line
Gift of Hughenden & District Historical Society, care of Mrs Colleen Murdoch.Object Type
eHive copyright disclaimer
It is the responsibility of the eHive Account Holder to gain copyright clearance for any images or content published on eHive. If you are concerned about the copyright status for any content in eHive or would like more information on using or ordering copies of content, please contact the Account Holder of that content. For further information see our Copyright Claims page.