Paine's Cafe, Brodie Street, Hughenden 1950-1951; Unidentified; 1950-1951; 2013-...
Paine's Cafe, Brodie Street, Hughenden 1950-1951About this object
A black and white photograph of the front of Paine's Cafe, located on Brodie Street, Hughenden. The photograph was taken in 1950 - 1951.
Paine's Cafe, owned and run by Bert and Amy Paine was formerly Male's Cafe, which was opened in 1925 by Mr Frank Male. After running the cafe from 1950 - 1951, Amy Paine started a dress shop on Gray Street, Hughenden where she worked from 1952 - 1953.
The site would later become the location of the Lion's Club & Rotary playground, and then the Brodie Street Playground in 2011.
digital mediaDate Made
1950-1951Subject and Association Keywords
Hughenden (Queensland)Subject and Association Keywords
restaurants, cafes etc.Collection
Flinders Shire Historical Photograph ProjectCredit Line
Image donated to the Flinders Shire Council Historical Photograph Project by Mr Allan Paine.Object Type