Souvenir Plate, St Thomas Church; Shelley; 1950s; 2018.22
Souvenir Plate, St Thomas ChurchAbout this object
White bone china small square plate with sculpted raised sides and handles featuring a colour transfer print of St Thomas' Church Port Macquarie and wording 'PORT MACQUARIE/ ST THOMAS CHURCH OF ENGLAND ERECTED, 1824'. Handles have a painted gold leaf pattern on them and the plate has a gold rim.
The souvenir plate was made for J. A. King, Chemist, Port Macquarie to sell in his Horton Street chemist and gift store. King purchased the business from C A Ryan in February 1950.
China, ink, glazeInscription and Marks
Transfer stamped on base in green ink ' FINE BONE CHINA/ SHELLEY/ ENGLAND'
Printed on base in black ink 'MADE/ EXPRESSLY FOR/ J. A. KING/ PORT MACQUARIE, N.S.W.'
20mm H, 125mm L, 95mm WSubject and Association Keywords
Donor: F FormanObject Type
This object is from
Include tags such as place names, people, dates, events and colours. Use commas to separate multiple tags. e.g. Pablo Picasso, Madrid, red, 1930s.
eHive copyright disclaimer
It is the responsibility of the eHive Account Holder to gain copyright clearance for any images or content published on eHive. If you are concerned about the copyright status for any content in eHive or would like more information on using or ordering copies of content, please contact the Account Holder of that content. For further information see our Copyright Claims page.