Commemorative Plaque, Port Macquarie Power Station; 1940; 1092
Commemorative Plaque, Port Macquarie Power StationAbout this object
Brass inscribed plaque unveiled at the opening of the Port Macquarie Power Station at 2.30 pm on 28 September 1940 by the Hon. L. O. Martin, M.L.A. Minister for Works and Local Government. The wording has been painted black.
The plaque reads: 'THIS PANEL WAS UNVEILED BY/ THE HON.. L. O. MARTIN. M.L.A../ MINISTER FOR WORKS AND LOCAL GOVERNMENT/ ON 28TH SEPTEMBER 1940/ TO MARK THE OPENING OF THE POWER STATION/ ALDERMEN/ E. A. MOWLE. (MAYOR.)/ C.G. ORR.(DEPUTY MAYOR.)/ E.F. BROWNLOW./ J. DOWNES./ T.A. HUDSON./ N.E. MC LAREN./ W.H. MARSHALL./ W.A. ROSENBAUM./ G. SEXTON./ C.T. CHAPMAN. TOWN CLERK/ H. CHADWICK. ELECTRICAL ENGINEER/ CONTRACTORS./ AUSTRALIAN GENERAL ELECTRIC PROPRIETARY LIMITED/ GIBSON BATTLE & CO. PTY. LTD'.
The Minister's wife Mrs Martin, cut the ribbon for the unveiling of the plaque before Mr. Martin declared the power house open. He then read the inscription to invited guests and members of the public present.
1940Medium and Materials
610mm L, 460mm WSubject and Association Keywords
Donor: Port Macquarie Municipal CouncilObject Type
This object is from
Include tags such as place names, people, dates, events and colours. Use commas to separate multiple tags. e.g. Pablo Picasso, Madrid, red, 1930s.
eHive copyright disclaimer
It is the responsibility of the eHive Account Holder to gain copyright clearance for any images or content published on eHive. If you are concerned about the copyright status for any content in eHive or would like more information on using or ordering copies of content, please contact the Account Holder of that content. For further information see our Copyright Claims page.