Program, St Agnes' Church Opening Luncheon; 1941; 1571

From

Port Macquarie Museum

Name/Title

Program, St Agnes' Church Opening Luncheon

About this object

Printed cardboard program with centre fold for the luncheon tendered to visiting prelates, priests and laity on the occasion of the solemn blessing and opening of St Agnes' New Church, Port Macquarie held at the Oxley Theatre on March 2nd, 1941. The program is printed in blue ink and the back cover is blank.

Inside the program is the list of Toasts and a prayer. Toasts were given by Rev. John Carroll; Rev. Dr. T. McCabe; Rev. Dr. Farrelly; Rev. J. P Curran; Rev. Dr. Gleeson, Mr. John Downes and Mrs. E Brownlow.

The menu is also printed inside the program and included oysters in the shell, olives, cold meats of roast turkey, roast chicken, roast port and York ham, salads and sweets such as fruit salad, sherry trifle, jelly, nuts and muscatels.

Date Made

1941

Medium and Materials

Cardboard, ink

Measurements

165mm H, 104mm W (front cover)

Subject and Association Keywords

Churches

Credit Line

Donor: Mrs Meere

Object Type

Programs

Object number

1571

Copyright Licence  

All rights reserved

This object is from

Tags

1941
cardboard
drink
food
lunch
menu
Port Macquarie
St Agnes Church
toasts

Include tags such as place names, people, dates, events and colours. Use commas to separate multiple tags. e.g. Pablo Picasso, Madrid, red, 1930s.

Share

eHive copyright disclaimer

It is the responsibility of the eHive Account Holder to gain copyright clearance for any images or content published on eHive. If you are concerned about the copyright status for any content in eHive or would like more information on using or ordering copies of content, please contact the Account Holder of that content. For further information see our Copyright Claims page.