[Parr's Windmill, Timaru]; Ferrier, William; 1872-1888; 1143

From

South Canterbury Museum

Name/Title

[Parr's Windmill, Timaru]

About this object

Parr's Windmill on the corner of Elizabeth and Theodosia Street, circa 1880.

Depicts the mill from the street while the blades are on the opposite side of the building. A cottage appears next to the mill and a tall chimney appears in the background.

Construction of the Mill began in 1872 but it only operated for a short time, as it was demolished in 1888.

Place Made

Timaru, New Zealand

Maker

Ferrier, William

Maker Role

Photographer

Date Made

1872-1888

Medium and Materials

Paper, photographic/Cardboard

Technique

albumen print

Measurements

103(h) x 150(w) mm

Subject and Association Keywords

Parr Bros, Windmill, Timaru

Object Type

Card, cabinet

Object number

1143

Copyright Licence  

Attribution - Non-commercial - No Derivatives (cc) Attribution - Non-commercial - No Derivatives (cc)

This object is from

Tags

17
flour 1947

Include tags such as place names, people, dates, events and colours. Use commas to separate multiple tags. e.g. Pablo Picasso, Madrid, red, 1930s.

This object is in 1 community

Share

eHive copyright disclaimer

It is the responsibility of the eHive Account Holder to gain copyright clearance for any images or content published on eHive. If you are concerned about the copyright status for any content in eHive or would like more information on using or ordering copies of content, please contact the Account Holder of that content. For further information see our Copyright Claims page.