New Zealand's longest-serving national observatory - celebrating the stories of the Southern Skies through:
- A new multimedia exhibition
- Digital full-dome planetarium
- Public programmes and special events
- Curriculum-based learning programmes for schools
- Heritage book and astromical artefact collection
- Telescope viewing: daytime solar viewing and evening stargazing sessions (weather dependent)
PO Box 893 Wellington 6140 New Zealand
04 910 3140
40 Salamanca Road Wellington Botanic Gardens Kelburn Wellington
During public school terms: Tuesday 4pm - 11pm Thursday 4pm - 11pm Saturday 10am - 11pm Sunday 10am - 5:30pm During public school holidays: Open daily from 10 am. Closes at 5:30pm on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday. Closes at 11pm Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.
Other FacilitiesMultimedia Exhibition/ Digital Full-Dome Planetarium /Heritage Building/ Heritage Telescopes /Learning Programmes /Venue for Daytime and Evening Events/ Special Events and Programmes
Search Space Place's Collection
Explore By Object Tags
eHive copyright disclaimer
It is the responsibility of the eHive Account Holder to gain copyright clearance for any images or content published on eHive. If you are concerned about the copyright status for any content in eHive or would like more information on using or ordering copies of content, please contact the Account Holder of that content. For further information see our Copyright Claims page.