Oak Overmantle; 1981/1191/1
Oak OvermantleAbout this object
Donated by Mr & Mrs W Skilton
An ornate oak overmantle with mirror. There are 2 recessed wooden panels either side of mirror. Topped by a cornice. there is a shelf tree quarters of way up done in same style as cornice. there are 2 wooden columns supporting the underside of shelf. Base of columns rest on mantlepiece top.
This item is a relic of Foresters Hall and later Community Centre. Stripped of white paint and restored in 1981 by Mr & Mrs W Skilton and donated to the museum.
ManufacturerMedium and Materials
Wood and mirrored glassMeasurements
37cm H, 24cm,52cm LObject Type
eHive copyright disclaimer
It is the responsibility of the eHive Account Holder to gain copyright clearance for any images or content published on eHive. If you are concerned about the copyright status for any content in eHive or would like more information on using or ordering copies of content, please contact the Account Holder of that content. For further information see our Copyright Claims page.