St Michael Church Plans; 593


Mangawhai Museum


St Michael Church Plans

About this object

Building plans of the first church built in the area of Hakaru. Tilted 'Schoolroom / Chapel' it was built in 1861 and opened by Bishop Selwyn. Coroner John Henry Ryan b1851 d1928 drew up the plans. Rev. John Tutin was the minister. The church was moved from Hakaru to Huketere in 1939. Now called "St Michael's on the Hill". The plans are in a poor condition.


L 40cm W 32 cm

Object Type


Object number


Copyright Licence  

All rights reserved

This object is from

This object is in 1 community


eHive copyright disclaimer

It is the responsibility of the eHive Account Holder to gain copyright clearance for any images or content published on eHive. If you are concerned about the copyright status for any content in eHive or would like more information on using or ordering copies of content, please contact the Account Holder of that content. For further information see our Copyright Claims page.