Photographs [Alice Miller Collection]; [?]; 20th century; 2020.429.23
Photographs [Alice Miller Collection]About this object
Photographs from the collection of Alice Miller.
Alice Miller (nee Harrington) grew up in Ratanui. Her uncle (Stansfield) owned the Ratanui Store.
1. Tawanui School picnic held at Pounawea, early 1940. In the group are Mr and Mrs Wybrow and Mr and Mrs Miller and their children.
2. Ratanui Sunday School picnic, 1915. In the group are Bessie Berney, Hazel Hutton, Ethel Anderson, Ada Durham and Alice Miller.
3. Ratanui Sunday School.
4. Grandad Miller with men at a sawmill.
5.'The Island, Pounawea', by Anne Clark.
6. Woodchopping competitors.
Back L-R: Norman Geary, Alex Eason, ? Andrews, Charlie Hay, Jack Spinks, Jerry Spinks, Jim Allan.
Front L-R: Dave Geary, Dad [Andrew Miller?], Tom Ashmore, Bill Laughton, Cluny Ashmore, Bill Ashmore, Jim Milner.
7. Wedding photograph, 'Aunt Annie, April 1908'.
8. Ratanui School about 1907.
9. Crosscut sawing competition, Owaka 1906.
10. Soldiers in WWI uniform. Caption on the back is, 'Dad' [Andrew Miller?].
11. Katea School, 1905.
20th centuryMedium and Materials
processed material, paper;
processed material, cardboard
Names and captions written on backs of photographs.Measurements
h 250mm x w 300mm (largest photo including mount card).Subject and Association Keywords
From the collection of Owaka Museum Wahi Kahuika, The Meeting Place "a rest on your journey".
eHive copyright disclaimer
It is the responsibility of the eHive Account Holder to gain copyright clearance for any images or content published on eHive. If you are concerned about the copyright status for any content in eHive or would like more information on using or ordering copies of content, please contact the Account Holder of that content. If you would like more information on our copyright policy, click here.