The eHive API (Application Programming Interface) provides users with ways to share their data with other websites, create their own websites, build smartphone apps and even develop custom applications.
Our suite of WordPress plugins allows you to build your own custom websites which redisplay your eHive content:
- Build a customised website using Wordpress themes and templates
- Add graphics, logos and styling for your organisation
- Manage static pages and regular posts
- Add generic Wordpress widgets for contact forms, Flickr image feeds and video
- Embed collection information from eHive with our Wordpress plugins and widgets
- Customise the eHive collection presentation in the Wordpress site, for example, add tag clouds, hide fields and change field labels
You can share your content with larger cultural heritage websites that harvest collection records.
You can also build integration with other applications through our programming interface.
Read the full details on our dedicated eHive Developers website or ask questions on the Developers section of our eHive forum.